Date:      Fri, 4 Mar 2005 20:20:18 GMT
From:      "Schlake (William Colburn)" <schlake@nmt.edu>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/77643: SATA PCI controllers fail with WRITE_DMA errors under GMIRROR

The following reply was made to PR i386/77643; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Schlake (William Colburn)" <schlake@nmt.edu>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, karl@FS.denninger.net
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 13:18:04 -0700

 I just got 2 new disks and an adaptec controller at my house.  After a
 couple of crashes, and a verification that none of my cables were bad, I
 checked the known bugs.  I'm running a 5.4-PRERELEASE from Wednesday
 morning (I'm not at home so I can't get you the specifics).  Not
 mounting the gmirrored SATA drives connected to the motherboard seems to
 have made me crash free, but now I'm short 170GB of disk.

 Since this bug seems to have little going on with it I thought I would
 add another datapoint that the problem seems to exist.

 The new data that I can add to the bug is that my machine currently has
 the mirrored disks on the PCI SATA card and no disks mounted on the
 motherboard SATA, and I did not manage to tweak a crash by
 reading/writing to the disk.  The only crashes I had were when I was
 copying data from the original mirror on the motherboard to the new
 mirror on the PCI card.

 -- void *(*(*schlake(void *))[])(void *);