Date:      Sat, 13 Jan 96 20:21 WET
From:      uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org (Frank Durda IV)
To:        dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu, gcrutchr@nightflight.com, questions@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FBSD 2.1

[0]Well, I upgraded from 2.05 to 2.1 last night. Only problems I had was that
[0]the Matshushita CD-ROM driver would not compile (something about NMAT??). So
[0]I commented it out of my kernel configuration.  The only other thing that
[0]happened was that the services file got truncated to 5 entries. What a
[0]surprise when telnet and Popper were not working!

[1]Odd about the matcd driver.  I don't use it so ???

The problem is caused by you upgrading the /usr/src/sys tree over the
existing 2.0.5 tree.  Some files have been deleted between 2.0.5 and
2.1.0, but the upgrade doesn't take care of this.  Subsequently, the
"make depend" gets confused and things go down hill.   This was discussed
in the mailing lists a few weeks ago.

To solve the problem, delete /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/matcd/matcd.h,
do a make depend and a make, and the kernel will be fine.  This won't
clear up the other now-useless files from 2.0.5 that remain elsewhere on
the system.

Frank Durda IV <uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org>|"The Knights who say "LETNi"
or uhclem%nemesis@rwsystr.nkn.net           | demand...  A SEGMENT REGISTER!!!"
	  ^------(this is the fastest route)|"A what?"
or ...letni!rwsys!nemesis!uhclem	    |"LETNi! LETNi! LETNi!"  - 1983