Date:      Sat, 06 Jul 2002 11:19:53 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        lambert@lambertfam.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD4.6-stable /dev/wi0 problem - Toshiba Laptop

In message: <20020706052419.GD3321@laptop.lambertfam.org>
            Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org> writes:
: I'll start the update process now just to make sure a problem hasn't
: crept in since then.

-current since Julian's KSE-iii integration has been a scary place.

However, I've merged most of what is in -current's pccard code into
stable on my machine.  I think that the following patch will work for
people, but I've only had time to give it light testing and have been
changing it enough that others should test it.  It merges everything
from -current except for the Manufacturer ID stuff that was added and
needs a couple of tweaks before it is ready for -stable.

http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/topic-patch.20020706

This means you should be able to use it with PCI interrupts.

Also, if you have a Sony laptop and have experienced hangs with PCI
interrupts on boot, please give these patches a test.  I think they
will help you too since they changes some bogusness relating to power
that could cause a hang.

Lemme know how these work.  I hope to merge them soonish to -stable.

Warner