Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2002 13:46:35 -0400
From:      Frank Matarrese <fmatarrese@winstar.com>
To:        lioux@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: qpopper-4.0.4

Hello,

  I was just wanting to drop a line and suggest something for the install
of the qpopper port.

Is it possible to add the following startup script so that when the port is
compiled (or specifically compiled with make WITH_STANDALONE_MODE=yes)  it
will drop the following startup script into /usr/local/etc/rc.d/
as something like qpopper.sh.example?

  I know its just a kind of anal request,  but It would make the install
even cleaner for the folks that don't want to run qpopper out of inetd

#~/bin/sh
#
# init/shutdown script for qpopper
#
# Copy this example file to 'qpopper.sh' and 'chmod +x' to start
# qpopper at boot
#
case "$1" in
start)
        /usr/local/libexec/qpopper -S -s && echo -n ' qpopper'
        ;;
stop)
        if [ -f /var/run/qpopper.pid ]; then
        `ps -aux|grep qpopper| grep -v grep| awk '{print $2; }' >
/var/run/qpopper.pid`
        kill -TERM `cat /var/run/qpopper.pid`
        echo -n 'qpopper stopped'
        fi
        ;;
*)
        echo "Usage: ${0##*/}:: {start | stop}" 2>$1
        exit 65
        ;;
esac

Thanks,