Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:55:32 +0900
From:      "Akinori MUSHA" <knu@iDaemons.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>, Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org>, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/textproc/expat2 Makefile

At Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:13:35 -0700,
kkenn wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 11:24:32AM -0700, Archie Cobbs wrote:
>
> > It would be nice if there were some automated way of notifying the
> > affected ports maintainers when this happens...
>
> You shouldn't have to worry about it; it's the responsibility of the
> person who commits the library update to fix all the affected ports.

Ideally, he or she should also have the responsibility to inform the
maintainers of the dependent ports that the library update introduces
some incompatibilities and ask them to test in advance of committing
the update.

However, we usually favor a more easy and practical approach, that is,
"fix as it breaks something".

--
                     /
                    /__  __            Akinori.org / MUSHA.org

"When I leave I don't know what I'm hoping to find
              When I leave I don't know what I'm leaving behind.."