Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 04:18:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Herbert Pirke <freebsd_help@yahoo.com>
To:        Otter <otterr@telocity.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Mounting CD-Roms as a normal user

Thanks a lot!

So the only way to mount a drive under BSD is having
root permissions? I actually had another problem under
XFree. I used to work with a WindowMaker/GMC
combination under Linux. I tried to install both under
BSD as well but I couldn't get the CD icons on the
desktop (even as root). Is this problem linked to that
user permission thing as well?