Date:      Sat, 25 Jul 2015 20:21:12 +0200
From:      deco33000@yandex.com
To:        Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Timekeeping between two hardclocks

Thanks Ian,

I read the freebsd7 source.
I think i understand the rollovers, the deltas and so on.

As far as event timers are concerned : we cannot handle timers inferior to the current kernel timing resolution right ? If it is 1ms, one cannot ask a timer to be processed EXACTLY at 0.5ms. It will have to wait the next interrupt to be handled.

So, I guess I am pretty correct when I say that we have to wait for the hardware interrupt to check for new events. Because otherwise we have no point of reference (are we really at 0.5ms or 0.478ms or 0.51ms?)..

I am sorry if I don't get it faster, but the devil is in the details in this context :)

--š
Jog