Date:      Mon, 20 Jul 1998 12:27:55 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Christopher G. Petrilli" <petrilli@dworkin.amber.org>
Cc:        "Gentry A. Bieker" <gbieker@crown.NET>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why is there no info on the QPOPPER hack?

I'd go further. I'd be willing to allow an INSTANT automatic upgrade
if the FreeBSD Security Manager sent a message, digitally signed with
a nice, long key, saying that a serious exploit might be imminent. It'd
be worth the risk. In the case of the QPopper hole, it would have been
the Right Thing.

The feature would, of course, be optional. Not everyone would turn it on,
but *I* would.

--Brett GLass