Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 2014 17:30:07 -0500
From:      Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
To:        Mario Lobo <lobo@bsd.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VirtualBox 4.3.6 keyboard repeats keystrokes
References:  <CAFYkXjkFywMtbLkgJ=Mu==mLrONHhzBd5urGzR61LFLEPf8CTA@mail.gmail.com> <CAN6yY1sHA8RSJP=5iUfxmwG1_fJZr6VNw3O2HzjbyFUxjxJuHw@mail.gmail.com> <CAGBxaXm0f1-E0EGUrm0iEt_ewMC1rnCdTj-XYqP9SxMN4AHPVA@mail.gmail.com> <CAE-m3X20-K%2BtJoRXa0KxvGai94aHkryEL3iy9s6X7qgEKQZP=Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAGBxaXm%2BgFF28_PJ3qAcqT4oSvHdrdVoT%2Bb8aveNuPdVDvjVvQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAGBxaXkUOeV9AEY=jQan5AWthc9QqL62sASviacv=HPy__LKFg@mail.gmail.com> <20140204192446.35485b68@Papi>

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 5:24 PM, Mario Lobo <lobo@bsd.com.br> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Feb 2014 04:58:28 -0500
> Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [snip..]
>

> >... the
> > other option is vbox but I simply can't figure out how to run it
> > headless (from a boot script specifically) this combined with the
> > fact that unclear from Oracle's documentation if such a mode is
> > possible
>
> Aryeh;
>
> Could you elaborate more on that?. I ask this because I've been running
> different windows vbox vms on a freeBSD host, no X installed
> (initially) , and they boot headless whenever the server boots. I
> created service scripts to start/stop them from /usr/local/etc/rc.d.
>
> I said initially because I wasn't too akin to creating VMs from command
> line, and opted for the vbox qt GUI to create them.

Last summer when I was attempting to do a ground up install of open stack
(something that later provided impossible due to outright errors and
missing information in the openstack manuals and that and the testing
requirements of an other project lead to petitecloud) I did so (at least
for the first few attempts) use vbox and every time I tried to run a client
headless after I installed it with -gui it refused to start (windows much
more often linux but both did the same)... I was never able to get a full
working fbsd boot->vbox boot->vm box sequence working automatically (I also
knew a lot less about virtualization then so it might be just confused
memory that makes me believe this is not possible)... either way if you can
either send me the scripts or post them and I can intergrate them into
petitecloud I will be asking about how to send you $50.