Date:      Fri, 3 Aug 2001 08:48:15 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Tim Zingelman <zingelman@fnal.gov>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <daniel.sobral@tcoip.com.br>
Cc:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Request for testers: multicast patch

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:

> On http://people.freebsd.org/~dcs/ip_output.c there is a port to stable
> of the revisions 1.127 through 1.130 of /sys/netinet/ip_output.c. These
> patches do the following:

> If a few people would be so kind as to test these patches...

I'd be willing to install the patches, but I'm not sure what I would do to
test them...if you have some suggestions, I'll try it.

On the other hand, I am already having a multicast related problem in
-STABLE (also in 4.3-RELEASE) while using ipfilter.  Simply loading the
ipl.ko module (default pass all, with no rules loaded), causes multicast
loopback to stop working.  I've posted both on stable and ipfilter mailing
lists and not gotten anyone interested in helping me figure this out...
maybe I should try -net?

 - Tim