Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 1997 05:15:46 -0700
From:      "John McWhirter" <silentbob@home.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Cable Modem Connection

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BCD53B.911090E0

I'm very interested in using FreeBSD and looking forward to getting the =
CD and starting it up.  My concern is that my connection to the internet =
is through a Cable Modem and although capable of high speeds, it is =
sometimes not supported by some systems.  The connection acts like a LAN =
and I have to connect to there server through a proxy.  Any information =
will be of help, because my ISP nor the Server Administrator will give =
me assistance.

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BCD53B.911090E0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I'm very interested in using FreeBSD =
and looking=20
forward to getting the CD and starting it up.&nbsp; My concern is that =
my=20
connection to the internet is through a Cable Modem and although capable =
of high=20
speeds, it is sometimes not supported by some systems.&nbsp; The =
connection acts=20
like a LAN and I have to connect to there server through a proxy.&nbsp; =
Any=20
information will be of help, because my ISP nor the Server Administrator =
will=20
give me assistance.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BCD53B.911090E0--