Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 23:20:14 +1000
From:      "mjt on spyder" <mjtlx@ozemail.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PS2 Keyboard not found after kernel loads on 4.3

I built 4.3 -stable after a cvsup on 19jul01 and have had a strange problem

during the initial boot process
F1 - dos
F2 - Freebsd

etc the keyboard is ok

during the next stage
( the countdown )
the keboard is ok ... ( I used it to unload the 4.3 kernel  as below)

but once the kernel has booted and the prompt appears

login:

nada :-(

This is 4.3-Stable Generic kernel after a
make buildworld
cd to the /sys/i386/conf directory
config GENERIC
cd ../../compile?GENERIC
make depend
make all install
reboot
make installworld

The next boot -- no keyboard, but this line appeared in dmesg

fly /kernel: device_probe_and_attach: atkbdc0 attach returned 6

{A} what does this mean
{B} does anyone have a clue as to this problem and a fix.

NB I am using identical m/board etc in another system EXCEPT I have an
adaptec 29160 card in this
one as it has a DDS4 tape drive. other wise all is the same hardware.

And it all runs A-ok under 4.2 RELEASE from my cdrom install....

cheers
mjt