Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 13:50:47 +1200
From:      wheely <wheely@thevortex.com>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP: !bg processes

At 07:30 AM 15/06/98 , Brian Somers wrote:

>I don't follow.  What did it support ?  2.2.5 redirects descriptors 0
>1 & 2 to /dev/null, fork()s and daemon(1, 1)s before execing the
>program.  This is exactly the same behaviour as the 980612 version.

Ok, I think I have confused you by saying iI would like it on the console.
I run ppp by telneting into FreeBSD from win95,  giving ppp its own screen
using "screen", typing ppp, dial provider...
In my ppp.linkup I have !bg dnsupdate. On ppp2.2.5 the results on this
program came up in the ppp telnet window. An example from the program is
printf( "Host %s.%s NOT updated.\n", myhost, MYDOMAIN );. On ppp980612 I do
not see a thing back from the script unless I do it manually (I just found
manually works ok ie. typing !bg dnsupdate in ppp). I know it is executing
(or trying to) on the linkup cause I "set log local +Command." and I am
getting Command: MYADDR: !bg dnsupdate

wheely