Date:      Mon, 9 Sep 2002 22:55:06 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Marcus=20Arning?= <marcus_arning@yahoo.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBsd.org
Subject:   Problem with XFree86 4.2

Hello,

  I have a problem with using XFree86 4.2 in FreeBsd
4.6 . When using the X-server with startx, I get the
message

xauth: ... bad display name ":0"

while starting and stopping the X-server, but X can be
used normally. More serious is the second problem,
which arises when xdm is taken for login. After typing
the user name and password a menu appears for choosing
a session. Since it is the first time I choose
default/failsafe, but then nothing is started.
  Has anybody in this list an answer for these topics?

Regards, Marcus Arning