Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:47:03 -0400
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
To:        freebsd-qa@freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   TOP output with 7/17 -STABLE snapshot

Just an FYI. I don't know if this is a bug or not, so I'll let others
decide....

On a 7/17 -STABLE snapshot, I'm running an Athlon 700 w/640MB of RAM
(1x512MB + 1x128MB). I've got X going, and I'm running cvsup, etc. I'm
down to 165MB of Free memory (as reported by top).

The strange thing is the "Cache" value. Its sitting at 68K. My other
(3.4) systems all report values in the MBs. The system has some fast
SCSI disks, but I'd still expect the cache to grow, as the disks are being
100% utilized.

Comments?
	-Brian