Date:      Thu, 26 Nov 1998 10:33:32 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Ronen Shor <jackryan@netvision.net.il>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can't recognize sio0 (was: a problem installing FreeBSD 2.2.5)

On Wednesday, 25 November 1998 at 14:50:22 +0200, Ronen Shor wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam
>

> When I tried to install FreeBSD (after the kernel configuration) I got a
> message:
> sio0 not found at 0x3f8
> this message occured even when I tried entering the flag 0x80.
>
> Afterwhich I couldn't select where my mouse is.
> I have a simple logitech mouse which works well under both windows and linux
> and is located on com1/cua0.
>
> Can you please help?

Well, it would have helped if you had sent details such as those
described in http://www.lemis.com/questions.html:

6.  Specify as much information as possible. This is a difficult area,
    and we need to expand on what information you need to submit, but
    here's a start:

    With any problem which could be hardware related, tell us about
    your hardware. In case of doubt, assume it's possible that it's
    hardware. What kind of CPU are you using? How fast? What
    motherboard? How much memory? What peripherals?

Still, there's a good chance that you have a new motherboard with a
kind of UART which wasn't in circulation when 2.2.5 was released.
2.2.8 (coming Real Soon Now) has support for them, and so does -STABLE
(which, however, isn't on a CD).

Greg