Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2000 09:13:44 +0900
From:      Yoshinobu Inoue <shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp>
To:        craig@allmaui.com
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: telnet problems

> I am having trouble telneting to my machine after installing Rel4.0
> I am able to enter my login and pass and then it just hangs.
> This happens from other machines on my network as well as logging in at
> the console and then trying to telnet to it.
> Is this a security feature?
>
> Thanks,
> Craig

Hi,
it might be due to a resolver problem fixed recently.
Please try following patches and make, make install under src/lib/libc.

http://www.jp.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/lib/libc/net/getaddrinfo.c.diff?r1=1.9&r2=1.9.2.1
http://www.jp.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/lib/libc/net/name6.c.diff?r1=1.6.2.1&r2=1.6.2.2

Yoshinobu Inoue