Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:53:05 -0500
From:      David <habeeb@cfl.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   FTPD vulnerability question

I just read the CERT advisory, and noticed it mentioned FreeBSD FTPD
vulnerable.  I took a quick check at the source code for the stock FTPD on my
system, and did not notice any possible overflows for glob().. atleast none
that jumped out at me (yet?).

FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE #0: Sun Jan 21 11:43:43 EST 2001
root@fortress:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FORTRESS

# telnet 0 21
Trying 0.0.0.0...
Connected to 0.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 [server name] FTP server (Version 6.00LS) ready.

I am just making sure that the CERT advisory meant ALL 4.2 -stable versions
(I am a bit paranoid right now :).  If it does that's great.