Date:      Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:01:13 +0100
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Danny Howard <dannyman@toldme.com>, freebsd-geom@freebsd.org, babkin@users.sf.net, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GEOM for multipath? How?

--MnLPg7ZWsaic7Fhd

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 02:48:15PM +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
+> In message <32275093.1131627986609.JavaMail.root@vms170.mailsrvcs.net>, =
Sergey=20
+> Babkin writes:
+> >>From: Danny Howard <dannyman@toldme.com>
+> >
+> >>Hey ... yes, I recall there being issues with the QLogic drivers ... I
+> >>wonder if anyone has given the mpt drivers a shot?  I was able to speak
+> >>with an engineer at Engenio (now owned by LSI) and she said there were
+> >>some issues with the QLogic dual-port cards that were interesting to
+> >>her, but the LSI dual-port cards behaved differently ...
+> >
+> >QLogic worked fine in multi-path configuration with UnixWare.
+> >I think LSI and Adaptec did too. The only trick is to make sure=20
+> >that the IRQs of the cards are not shared between the cards or with
+> >any other device.
+>=20
+> I suspect it is not the card as much as the driver, but I am not sure.

I was able to modify the driver in a way multipathing started to work
(no more hanging request when path was disconnected). It was hackish,
but worked, so I'm quite sure it's driver's fault.

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--MnLPg7ZWsaic7Fhd

--MnLPg7ZWsaic7Fhd--