Date:      Wed, 28 May 2014 22:28:07 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
Subject:   second call: dns/libidn staging broken

Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-ports-local@be-well.ilk.org> writes:

 >> 	It's not a sym-link, it's an evnironment variable:
 >>
 >> WRKDIRPREFIX=/data/port-work
 >>
 >> 	This was done because certain large ports (e.g. libreoffice)
 >> were eating up all the free space on /usr.  So I pointed the work
 >> directory to /data, which has 200+ gbytes free.  This works fine
 >> except is rare cases like this one.

I've seen some funny things with WRKDIRPREFIX too, but I can't reproduce
them. I've mostly seen it on my chroot tinderbox, which always runs with
WRKDIRPREFIX set because the ports tree is mounted read-only. The
tinderbox is currently broken for other reasons.

	I tried unsetting the environment variable, and it died in exactly the
same way.  Which brings me back to:

 >> 	So ... how do I go about further diagnosing the breakage and
 >> getting that to {maintainer, pkg-ng team} who can Do the Right Thing?

	Respectfully,

			Robert Huff