Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 1999 18:04:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      Oscar Bonilla <obonilla@fisicc-ufm.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, jcollin@hartford.edu
Subject:   Re: Research paper

> To whom it may concern:
>
>         I am a computer science student at the University of Hartford.
> For our operating systems class, we must write a paper discussing an
> operating system and we must address how the operating system handles
> processes, memory management, files, and I/O.  I would greatly
> appreciate any information that you could send me.  Thank you.
>
> - Jeremy Collin
> jcollin@hartford.edu

OS's is a huge topic!!!

for general OS get the book: Operating System Concepts 5th Ed by Silberschatz
  and Galvin

for 4.4BSD get the book: The Design and Implementation of the 4.4BSD Operating
  System by Mckusick et. al.

for Unix in general get the book: Unix Internals by Uresh Vahalia

regards,

-oscar