Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:56:52 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@uni-mainz.de>
Cc:        Dominique Goncalves <dominique.goncalves@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: cpu temperature

--------------enig5B027F11E00F211E62827991

O. Hartmann wrote:
> Dominique Goncalves schrieb:
>> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:33:02 +0100, Lukasz Bigo <lukasz-b@chello.pl>
>> wrote:
>>> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 22:19:24 +0800
>>> "Spades" <spades@galaxynet.org> wrote:

>>> You could try /usr/ports/sysutils/healthd. I can also send You a small
>>> PHP script which grabs some ACPI values using sysctl to draw a
>>> thermomether (Apache+PHP+GD required), so You could check the CPU
>>> temperature with Your browser. :)

>> I'm interrested by your script :-)

> I have an ASUS CUR-DLS mainboard, BIOS 1012_007 beta and FreeBSD
> 5.3-STABLE, SMP disabled, ACPI enabled.
> I think your script utilize hw.acpi.thermalxxx (thermal zone). But I
> can't find this on my computer 'grep' ing throught sysctl-output. Can
> anyone help?

Try installing the sysutils/xmbmon port, which is an alternative to
healthd.  You might have to fiddle with your kernel configuration to add
smbus support, but for supported chipsets it usually works under GENERIC.

It's fairly easy to plug the output from mbmon into something like MRTG
to produce nice graphs of CPU temperature over time.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                       Savill Way