Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:13:28 +0100
From:      Jon Paterson <jpaterson@itchannel.net>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Complete Lockups on Compaq ML370

Hi, I have been using FreeBSD 4.1(release) for the last 2 months as the
firewall and Squid server in house, and it has been working very well.
The last week however the server has completely locked up 3 times, with no
response on the keyboard etc.  There is nothing in the logs either.  The
kernel that we are using is not the stock kernel, as I wanted to use
IPFILTER.  Can anyone point me in the direction of the best way to find out
the cause of the problems??

Kind regards,

Jon Paterson