Date:      Sat, 13 Jan 1996 23:31:06 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Hackers' list)
Subject:   Re: Building a "custom" release of 2.1.0

> I want to build a release of  2.1 for a friend.  I have 430 MB available on
> /y, is that enough ?

I don't think so.  You'll probably want close to 650MB to do this,
if memory serves me correctly.

> My  primary problem is  that  I don't want to   build the release  with the
> GENERIC kernel but with a custom one. What do I have to do for that ?

If you don't want to check in your changes into your local repo (I
assume you have a CVS tree there or you wouldn't even be able to do
this) on the RELENG_2_1_0 branch then you've no choice but to simply
watch the process as it goes along and then dash into the checked out
copy of the tree right after the checkout is done and make your
changes to it.

					jordan