Date:      Fri, 8 May 2020 19:04:30 +0100
From:      Graham Perrin <grahamperrin@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   emulators/virtualbox-ose unable to run CloudReady (Chromium OS)

Screenshots:

<https://imgur.com/WJPFMnQ>;
<https://imgur.com/MrqfeFn>;
<https://imgur.com/m5XjpZd>;

Seeing `swrast_dri.so` in the third shot, I assume that the Neverware's
virtual machine `CloudReady-Home-v78-x64.ova` is not compatible with
VirtualBox on FreeBSD.

Any suggestions on how to work around the issue?

A significant obstacle: the console remains visible for only a few
seconds at a time. After each blackout, it's necessary to (again) log in
at the command line.

### Background

root@momh167-gjp4-8570p:~ # date ; uname -v
Fri May  8 15:32:58 BST 2020
FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT #55 r360732: Thu May  7 09:31:34 BST 2020
root@momh167-gjp4-8570p:/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/sys/GENERIC-NODEBUG
root@momh167-gjp4-8570p:~ # pkg query '%o %v %R' virtualbox-ose
virtualbox-ose-kmod
emulators/virtualbox-ose 5.2.34_4 FreeBSD
emulators/virtualbox-ose-kmod 5.2.34 poudriere
root@momh167-gjp4-8570p:~ #

How Try Chrome OS in VirtualBox Before Buying a Chromebook
<https://www.howtogeek.com/128087/how-to-run-chrome-os-in-virtualbox-and-try-out-chrome-os-before-buying-a-chromebook/>;

(I don't intend to buy a Chromebook. I would like to try Chromium OS in
a virtual machine.)