Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:21:13 -0900
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        Rick Duvall <maillist@coastsight.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boot Block help!

On Wednesday 28 March 2001 08:49, Rick Duvall wrote:
> I am trying to write boot blocks to an ISO image to burn to a cd with
> mkisofs.  From what I have found, I should use the boot.flp and
> boot.catalog files.  However, when i boot from the CD, it takes me to the
> install.  I don't want that.  I want it to just take me to a shell prompt
> in single user mode so that i can run my restore routines to restore my
> system.
>
> Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Rick Duvall

Boot from the CD...when you get to the boot prompt type:

boot -s

The machine will boot into single user mode and give you a shell.

Hope this helps,

Beech

     Beech Rintoul - Network Manager - akbeech@anchoragerescue.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Anchorage Gospel Rescue Mission
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | P.O. Box 230510
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99523-0510