Date:      Mon, 8 May 1995 21:24:29 -0400
From:      Gene Stark <gene@starkhome.cs.sunysb.edu>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   IIJ PPP (got it working -- very nice)

Since I complained here about a problem I had initially in trying to get
IIJ PPP to work (turned out I had to make sure to reset my modem to change
short FAX timeout back to reasonable dial timeout), I just thought I'd follow
up by saying that I have it working now.  No other serious problems,
though I did have to turn off vjcomp, pred1, and lqr to get it to work
with the dp-2.3 software I am running on the Sparc on the other end.
(I am soon going to replace that end with a FreeBSD machine :-)).

The autodial features and packet filtering are very nice indeed.
I have seen no problems with chat-based dial (either with "dial" or "auto")
but the "term" command doesn't always seem to talk to my modem the
first time -- it is necessary to ~. and execute "term" again.
Don't know the reason for this, or if it has to do with the fact that
I also have flexfax running.

The English man page could be more comprehensive, but, hey, there is always
the source, which is pretty easy to follow.

							- Gene