Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 10:20:04 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Zoltan Sebestyen <sebesty@cs.elte.hu>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Subject:   Re: cpu/memory monitoring

Hi,

 Hmm, the reason I asked for a simpler source than top's one is that I'm
porting an application that behaves like Win NT's taskmanager. It was
written for Linux and it simply reads the contents of /proc/stat and
/proc/meminfo. As far as I know FreeBSD has no such feature in its proc
filesystem. Someone suggested that top has the functionality I need so I
started to examine top's source code, but I think it's too complex and so
is its source code. That's why I asked for a simpler code which deals
only with the cpu/memory load monitoring part.(Anyone has written a
sample code like this?)
Regarding your comments on M$, I know that thing aren't that simple as
Mircosoft thinks ;-)

Sebestyen Zoltan			It all seems so stupid,
					it makes me want to give up.
szoli@caesar.elte.hu			But why should I give up,
					when it all seems so stupid?