Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:35:46 -0500
From:      Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
To:        Michael Carlson <carlson39@llnl.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 08:45:03AM -0800, Michael Carlson wrote:

>    I have asked this before in -questions but due to a odd security
>    requirement, I need the option to auto lock a normal user's account
>    (root and those in the wheel group must be excluded) after let say, 3,
>    login failures. I know this can cause a DoS issue but I HAVE to have
>    the option of doing it in FreeBSD.

I don't much experience with pam(8), but there is some mention of
'sessions' in the manpage:

        session  - this group of tasks cover things that should be
       done prior to a service being given and after it is  with-
       drawn.  Such tasks include the maintenance of audit trails
       and the mounting of the user's home directory. The session
       management group is important as it provides both an open-
       ing and closing hook for modules to  affect  the  services
       available to a user.

Perhaps that's a place to introduce a hook for what you need...

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert		<reichert@numachi.com>
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842