Date:      Wed, 18 May 2005 18:18:05 +0930
From:      Shane Ambler <Shane@007Marketing.com>
Subject:   Re: Asus Vintage (P4S800-MX) ACPI problem?

I have been running 5.3 release on a P4S800-MX motherboard without issue for
several months.

I have always used - shutdown -r now to reboot
and shutdown -h now to shutdown which stops the kernel but doesn't turn off
the hardware.

Reboot and halt work on mine.

I have just installed 5.4 release and all works fine with the generic kernel