Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 08:30:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wi-fi AP

Alexey,

I recommend the Samsung MagicLAN card, because it's Prism2 and supports
external antennas.  I believe there are two versions of the card sold, one
which has an integrated antenna, and one which has two MMCX jacks and no
integrated antenna.  I believe that there is also a PCI version available.
I've only seen these for sale at enkay.com.  For antennas, check out
hyperlinktech.com.  A good antenna makes a big difference in range and
signal quality.

If your customer doesn't care about having a good external antenna, you
could go for the cheap and dependable Netgear MA401.  There are two
variants of these.  The older ones are Prism2 and the newer ones are
Prism2.5.  I picked one up for $50 last month.  Both seem to work equally
well in hostAP mode.

- Brian

--
Brian Buchanan                                     brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU