Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 18:29:17 EDT
From:      Robert3085@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        schaefer@rbg.informatik.th-darmstadt.de
Subject:   FreeBSD Install Question from a newbie.....

Hi all,

I have a question about the install process for FreeBSD.
I created a 293 meg. Partition for FreeBSD using F.I.P.S. and then formatted
my new D: drive.

I plan on installing FreeBSD from my C: drive/DOS partition. I boot FreeBSD
and enter the Visual Mode/NOVICE install process. Then I come the 'fdisk'
part and become very nervous. I'm presented with the following screen with
the very last line HI-LITED.

disk name:		wd0
disk geometry:	1023 clys/32 heads/63 sectors = 2062368 sectors

offset	size		end		name	PType	desc
subtype	flags
0			63			62			-
	6		unused		0
63			1459521	1459583	wd0s1	fat		6
	6
1459584	600768	2060351	WD0S2	fat		6			6
2060352	2016		2062367	-		6		unused
0

My question is this, How do I know FOR SURE that the last line is the 293
meg/D: drive? Can some help me so I don't kill the DOS/WINDOWS/AOL C: drive
partition? Can someone please help me, I'd love to get FreeBSD running this
evening and start to learn the "World of UNIX."

Thank you,

Bob Brozewicz
MVS Systems Programmer