Date:      Fri, 01 May 2015 21:55:40 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?B?SmFuIEtva2Vtw7xsbGVy?= <jan.kokemueller@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        jrm@ftfl.ca
Subject:   Re: suspend/resume moused restart required

Hi,

> After an upgrade from 10-STABLE (synced a few months ago) to 10-STABLE
> r281907 (Thu Apr 23) the psm mouse (touch pad / pointing stick on a
> Lenovo X220) no longer works after a resume.  After a restart of moused
> the mouse works again.  Is there a device hint or trick I'm missing?
> I've pasted the contents of /var/log/messages during the
> suspend/resume below.

Is the kernel and userland in sync? Maybe moused just needs a recompile
because of the changes to the psm driver.

Do you have "hw.psm.synaptics_support" and/or
"hw.psm.trackpoint_support" enabled in /boot/loader.conf?

Also, could you try to set "debug.psm.loglevel=2" in /boot/loader.conf
and post the dmesg log after a suspend/resume cycle? Similarly, running
moused manually in the foreground with "moused -dd -f -p /dev/psm0"
might show some useful info. Maybe the psm data gets out of sync somehow.

Can you reproduce the problem when X is not running?

You might also try to revert the latest changes to psm.c and mouse.h and
see which commit causes the problem:
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/stable/10/sys/dev/atkbdc/psm.c (r281708,
r281709, r281964). Both kernel and moused need to be recompiled.

Cheers,
Jan