Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:08:33 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: using netcat (nc) to POST data to a web server ...

In the last episode (Nov 30), Marc G. Fournier said:
> using netcat (nc) to POST data to a web server ...
>
> Does anyone have an example of this?  I've searched google, and am
> finding nothing other then that it can be done ...

I'd recommend using curl.  It has options for sending HTTP POST data in
a couple of different formats.  With nc, you'll have to fabricate the
entire request and pipe it in.  Easy enough to determine the format by
tcpdumping a browser session, but curl has done the work and lets you
do error checking on the response.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com