Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:57:04 -0600
From:      "Alan Gates" <agates@eddinc.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cisco Aironet lmc342 PCMCIA Adapter

I am attempting to install FreeBSD on a laptop partition.  I am using a
Cisco Aironet LMC342 PCMCIA Adapter to connect the laptop to my network
which is Internet Connected.  The hardware works fine in Windows 98 (so I
know the hardware is ok) but I cannot get it configured in freebsd.  I used
the windows side to ftp the freebsd distribution to the dos partition and
installed it that way (though I would have preferred to have done an ftp
install originally).  I have freebsd installed but I still cannot get the
pcmcia adapter working.  Whe I do an ifconfig it shows the adapter and the
ip address that I assigned it in rc.conf and it shows that it is up but when
I try to ping anything, I get the message that the "host is down".  Does
anyone have any ideas that might help me overcome this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Alan Gates
President
EDDInc.net