Date:      Fri, 03 Aug 2001 11:10:39 -0300
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <daniel.sobral@tcoip.com.br>
To:        Tim Zingelman <zingelman@fnal.gov>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Request for testers: multicast patch

Tim Zingelman wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:
>

>>On http://people.freebsd.org/~dcs/ip_output.c there is a port to stable
>>of the revisions 1.127 through 1.130 of /sys/netinet/ip_output.c. These
>>patches do the following:
>>

>>If a few people would be so kind as to test these patches...
>>

> I'd be willing to install the patches, but I'm not sure what I would do to
> test them...if you have some suggestions, I'll try it.
>
> On the other hand, I am already having a multicast related problem in
> -STABLE (also in 4.3-RELEASE) while using ipfilter.  Simply loading the
> ipl.ko module (default pass all, with no rules loaded), causes multicast
> loopback to stop working.  I've posted both on stable and ipfilter mailing
> lists and not gotten anyone interested in helping me figure this out...
> maybe I should try -net?

You should try ip filter's author. Net might be better, but _the_ person is

Bill Fenner, who is kind of busy lately.

As for testing the patch, since you do use multicast (the patch does not
affect normal IP traffic), you could simply use it and see if things
stop working or the kernel panics... :-) I know the patch does what it
intends to do (well, part of it), I just want to make sure it doesn't
introduce any new bugs.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                   (8-DCS)
Daniel.Sobral@tcoip.com.br

sh (the default bourne shell in FreeBSD) supports command-line editing.
  Just
``set -o emacs'' or ``set -o vi'' to enable it.