Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 1996 10:23:48 +0000
From:      Paul Walsh <paul@nation-net.com>
To:        Mike and Mandy Neel <mikeneel@kornet.soback.nm.kr.walshsimmons.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best of Both Worlds

Mike and Mandy Neel wrote:

> Is it possible, better yet, has anyone been able to run both MS-DOS and
> FreeBSD from a multi-boot configuration (i.e. choose to boot in either
> DOS or UNIX)?  I do this with windows 95 and DOS 6.22 now, I just want
> my cake AND ice cream AND eat them all.
>                                                         Mike

Do you do this with fips currently? With osbs or booteasy?

Well for win95/unix you can use fips OR 2 real partitions. Use dos fdisk
for the win95 or dos622 partition and then FreeBSD fdisk for the bsd
partition. The default dual boot program for FreeBSD is booteasy.

Be careful if you use fips and want to mount your dos partition. It can
be iffy. Use 2 real partitions if you can.

Regards Paul Walsh.