Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:32:27 +0000
From:      Florent Thoumie <flz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-pf@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org, Roman Divacky <xdivac02@stud.fit.vutbr.cz>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RFC: net/hoststated port - Host status for server load-balancing

--------------enigE96306D3B08E091DD9728ADA

I took a few minutes to make a port of it after Roman Divacky sent me an
initial patchset for it. I made sure that it compiled/installed fine but
don't have the chance to test it now.

For those who don't know yet about hoststated:

hoststated is the host status daemon for server load balancing. Its
main purpose is to keep pf(4) tables up to date as well as any related
pf rdr rules. To communicate with pf, hoststated uses the anchor
facility. To enable hoststated to install rulesets through the anchor,
the following line is required in the NAT section of pf.conf(5).

It is written by Pierre-Yves Ritschard and it has been recently added
(and linked to the build) in the OpenBSD source tree.

You can find the port here (both extracted and in shell archive format):

http://people.freebsd.org/~flz/local/ports/

PS: Apologies to those who will receive more than once this email due to
cross-mailing.

--=20
Florent Thoumie
flz@FreeBSD.org