Date:      Tue, 13 May 1997 11:07:26 +0900 (JST)
From:      Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RELENG_2_2

On Mon, 12 May 1997, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Michael Hancock wrote:
>
> > 3) You won't be able to login to your computer if you don't have
> > /etc/login.conf.
>
> Really?  I'm running -current (for quite some time now), and didn't
> bother yet to setup an /etc/login.conf.  I should, i know.

I didn't bother either, but after the Make World I could ssh to my machine
but I couldn't su.  I went to the office and then I couldn't login in
either.

I powered down; moved libutil.so.2.1 out of the way; and copied
/usr/src/etc/login.* to /etc.

BTW, the login classes are pretty cool.  I didn't know they were going
into 2.2.

Regards,

Mike