Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 1998 19:24:58 +0000
From:      "Wayne G Boyd" <wayne@jcegroup.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IP Masquerading Question

I am attempting to setup IP Masquerading using the -alias switch on
the user ppp program (as described in the hand book).

All the PPP stuff  on the FREE BSD box has been working for a few
months now, and I have been using squid as a proxy for the other
machines on the ethernet we have.

However, I need software who's services are not supported by squid to
work on the subnet machines. So I thought I would use IP Masquerading
instead.  I have used the -alias switch on the PPP program, and I
have set the GATEWAY flag in rc.conf to YES.  Ping, FTP, web, and
telnet all seem to work fine. But I was wondering if you know of any
reason why other software which uses the net might not work.

The software I am trying to get to work is a thing called net2phone.
It is supposed to allow the use of your PC as a telephone.

Any Ideas ?

Wayne.
--
Wayne G Boyd, Digital Systems Manager