Date:      24 Oct 97 21:46:44 +0100
From:      leifn@swimsuit.roskildebc.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mount -o async

At 24 Oct 97 17:14:12 shovey@buffnet.net wrote regarding mount -o async

 s>
 s>> Ok, I want to live dangerously, and run the disks with async
 s> writes.
 s>>
 s>> Do I have to put mount -u -o async /usr in a rc.local, or can I
 s> put an option in /etc/fstab?
 s>>
 s>
 s> I did this on a news server due to what was said on this list -
 s> and one in four crashes ended up in a completely corupted drive.

I guess I can live with that. When I run dos, I have to flush the diskcache manually anyway. I have put a flush-command in my makefiles, and that seems enough.

How long is the write delayed? Is there some way to have a short delay, to make it safer?

Leif Neland
leifn@image.dk

---