Date:      Wed, 05 Apr 2000 19:46:03 -0400
From:      Otter <otter@otter.cc>
To:        eric.brown@vt.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need recommendation for a soundcard

"Eric J. Brown" wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Can anyone provide current recommendations for a soundcard?  What will work
> with 3.3 and above?

Personally, I'd recommend an AWE64. I'm a die hard SB nazi. It's
supported and works well with a combination of the pcm/sbc drivers in 40
and 5.0, but in 3.x you'll need to use the snd0 driver (though pcm will
still work). Others will recommend different chipsets. Just remember you
asked for opinions.
-Otter