Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:53:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      CJTT <cjtt@employees.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   zero copy and wire speeds

Do you have to be running Current in order to use the
zero copy sockets?  If so, when will this make it to
Stable? (I'm on 4.4).

On a related topic, if trying to maximize the amount
of traffic being sent on an ethernet card, how can
you write your code so that you can try to make sure
every packet gets put out on the wire?  This is in a
test lab so I'm not particularly concerned with something
else receiving it correctly.  select() really only
guarantees that I can write 1 byte to the file descriptor, no?

Thanks,
CJ