Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 11:36:06 -0600
From:      Chris Moline <ugly-daemon@home.com>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD Article in Information Security Magazine

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 07:08:13AM -0400, Ed Lineberry wrote:

> Me too.
>
> Actually, this slashdot article :
> http://slashdot.org/askslashdot/01/03/30/1649241.shtml convinced me to try
> FreeBSD.  I bought an off the shelf package, had it running the next day
> (even X!) and haven't looked back since.
>

> - Ed
>

> > progression from using a Linux flavor. Thinking about it, I do notice
> > a lot of people on *BSD mail lists who say they used to use Linux and
> > now use a *BSD, but seldom hear the reverse (with the exception of people
> > who have to use Linux at work for some reason or another). I wonder
> > how much movement there is between the two camps... not that every
>
>            Count me on that list... :) But I also mostly dropped Linux
> because I couldn't ever get it to install.. mind you this was Kernel
> 0.99something. :)
>
>            Rick
Might as well jump in too.
I bought my first computer at the end of january last year. I started hearing
all sorts of great things about Linux and how it never crashed etc and decided
I didn't like windows and so would give it a try. I was browsing the net
looking for a place to download it from and I ran across this quiz thingy -
some magazine was doing an article on various oses. I took the quiz and it
said bsd would be just perfect for me and now here I am. Hope to be useful to
the project eventually :)

Chris Moline