Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 18:44:36 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Andy Doran <andy@psn.ie>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kernel threads

Hello all!
I'm porting the NetBSD RAIDframe driver to FreeBSD at the moment, and I
need a little help. Firstly, is there any way to dynamically create and
destroy kernel threads like kthreads in NetBSD? I could create them
statically but it would require a lot of changes to the code. Two other
things; it is possible to guarantee that a psuedo device is attached
only after all other psuedo devices? Also, do I have to modify the kernel
to guarantee that my device can do it's RAID array setup as soon as all
disklabels and partition tables have been read, or is there some sort
of hook for this?

Thanks for the help,
Andy.