Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 1999 15:18:02 -0700
From:      Jim Mock <jim@limbo.cdrom.com>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSDCon proceedings and notes

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999 at 21:23:22 +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 1999 at 11:31:08AM -0600, Brett Glass wrote:
> > During the conference, many of the speakers said that they'd be
> > posting lecture notes on the FreeBSDCon.org site. But if
> > proceedings are there, they're well hidden; I can't find links to
> > them anywhere on that site. Are there plans to post them (or links
> > to them, if they're on the authors' sites)?
>
> Jim Mock sent out a message a couple of days ago to all the speakers
> asking for them, so that they can go on the site.  FWIW, mine are at
> http://www.freebsd.org/~nik/freebsdcon-1999/fdp/.  Powerpoint format
> only at the moment I'm afraid.

I've got most of them in either .ppt, .mgp (magicpoint), .ps, or
.html.  I'm still waiting on some others (I'll be sending another
message tonight).  Either way, what I have will be up on
freebsdcon.org next week once I get the rest of the site switched to
'post-conference' mode.

There'll also be links to pictures from the conference and articles
about the conference up there too.  If any of you have links to
articles or pictures (other than the 5 floating around which I already
have), let me know about them.  As for the articles, I have the two
from sendmail.net, and the one from upside.com.

- jim

--
- jim mock - walnut creek cdrom/freebsd test labs - jim@cdrom.com -
- phone: 925.691.2800 x3814 - fax: 925.674.0821 - jim@FreeBSD.org -