Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:08:21 -0500
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        "'buckaroo@ecn.net.au'" <buckaroo@ecn.net.au>
Subject:   RE: PPP arcana

My understanding is that you could use pppd and natd with a firewall setup,
but in my opinion it is much easier to just use user mode ppp with the
-alias switch.

If you start ppp with the -auto or -ddial switches it will run as a
"daemon".

You could use either one, it's probably a matter of preference more than
anything, but it seems like ppp gets more attention and is more widely used
(and updated), at least on this list.
-Chris