Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2000 19:59:02 -0400
From:      "Consultant" <consult9@bellsouth.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Unable to configure Kernel

I'm trying to install 3.4 Jan 2000 on the following system:

Intel P100
32 MB Ram
2 GB Quantum on IDE 0
Panasonic (Matsushita) CD-ROM on IDE 1

I'm booting from floppies as it does not want to boot from the CD ... during
the configure of the kernel both the second IDE control and CD-ROM show up
but when I try to save the configuration I get an error that it can not
find:

wdc1 not found at 0x170
matcd0 not found at 0x230

and of course I can not install from the CD because of this.  Any help
suggested to get the wdc1 and matcdo found by the system?

Gene