Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 11:16:50 -0700
From:      Ice_Cold <ice_cold@cryogen.com>
To:        newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What tipped the balance

For me, I got started on FreeBSD as I started looking at UNIX and a couple
varients (FreeBSD wasn't on the list but LINIX was). I surfed to all the
sights I could get my hands on and found something strikenly familiar. They
all had "Powered by FreeBSD" (or a varient therof) on the bottom of their
site. So I started in at freebsd.org and loved their online documentation
so I purchased 2.2.6 and have yet to be disapointed. Even my mistakes don't
kill my box (unlike all varients of Win/WinNT that I've used...and I've
used a lot).

*@ It's only a mistake if you don't learn from it *@*