Date:      Thu, 06 Sep 2007 14:57:06 +0200
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hello

--------------enigAA1BF95128760B995E4D597C

Gabriel Dragffy wrote:

> Using sysinstall I enabled anonymous FTP, with uploads allowed in the=20
> folder /incoming. Uploading works a treat, however the files don't have=
=20
> permissions to be downloaded again (by anon user). I know I could chang=
e=20
> this by executing a cron job every two minutes that would chmod the=20
> files in /incoming. But surely there must be a far better way...? The=20
> FreeBSD handbook says it doesn't recommend allowing anon users to d/loa=
d=20
> files uploaded anonymously, however I would still like to implement thi=
s.
>=20
> I'd be very appreciative for any help.

Hi,

Have you seen the manual for ftpd(8)? It's available at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=3Dftpd

You can change the flags passed to ftpd in your inetd.conf (if you=20
enabled ftpd this way) or in rc.conf (which is another, but different=20
way to do it). If you don't know these config files, see the respective=20
manuals.